Thursday, September 14, 2006

My adventure in public speaking

Currently, I'm taking a public speaking class in college. In my opinion, this is a step on the long path I'm walking toward making a difference in this world. Those that know me, know that I aspire to be a politician or some sort of policy maker, and in doing so, it obviously makes sense that I polish my speaking ability.

Well, last night I gave my first 2-3 minute speech on a personal experience. Naturally I used 9/11 and borrowed heavily from my post on the subject in this blog. I ended up speaking 4 minutes, and while I was nervous, hadn't prepared, etc. Most say I did pretty good. Maybe this is a sign that maybe just maybe I'm a "natural". Only God knows for sure, I just pray that I will get better, and be able to get out there and represent those, who like me feel their voices are not being heard.

Pray for me as I pray for you.

Robert

No comments: