Monday, September 25, 2006

Minister Farrakhan's Illness

Luke 6:45 NIV

The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks.

I must admit that I'm saddened and hurt at what I have seen today on the Internet. I haven't truly followed this story, but I decided to do a search and see what's going on. I have witnessed so much hate and vile today that I can't even think of a time that I had this much revulsion for the prospect of a better human mind and heart.

My main drive has always been my faith in God and my desire to serve Him by serving man. I know the road is rough and it is troubled. I know that sometimes I get weary, but most go on. And even though, I have been called many names, my beliefs and religion questioned, insults slung at me and my faith, etc. I have always took it in stride, because I believe in a God that transcends the wickedness present in the hearts of some men.

I always dust my self off and keep going with an optimism that many call too rosy in a time like this.

Every now and then my spirit is dragged down just a little by things like that I have read today.

From many corners on the net, all afternoon I have read nothing but cheering, jeering, insults, and outright hate speech from people of all colors and backgrounds as they celebrated the illness and possible death of NOI leader Minister Farrakhan. One has to question the morality of people that could cheer on someone else's death in general let alone this man. Granted, Farrakhan is no saint, and I don't agree with all that he says either, but here we are in a nation that people want to say is inhabited by "civilized" people, yet these same people mock and cheer on someones illness.

I know there is evil and wickedness in the world, some of it I viewed today, but what saddens me the most is that many of the comments come from those who by definition declare to be followers of Jesus(saw), Moses(saw), and even Muhammad(saw). I'm sorry I have to say it, but anyone who speaks in the manner some have spoken about Farrakhan and his illness do not represent these great messengers of God, nor are they in accordance with the will of God.

Words are a reflection of what is already in the heart and mind, if you can say these vile things about anyone let alone Farrakhan, as Solomon(saw) wrote in Proverbs "a fool's mouth is his undoing". These words reveal the wheat from the tares, and to claim God with a heart like this is utter hypocrisy. A true believer, wants for his/her brother or sister what he has for himself. No true believer wishes harm on any in the whole of humanity, even if it is there enemy.

Personally, I pray for the Minister that he gets well, Insha' Allah(If it be the will of God). For I remember a time when I sat in NOI classrooms learning and becoming more disciplined as a man of faith, I remember drug addicts, felons, prostitutes, etc. reforming through the work of the NOI and becoming chaste, disciplined, respectful men and women of God. I saw this with my own eyes, I know their work, I have seen and heard the Minister in person, and even though I may disagree with his stance on my issues, there is no way, I could wish any harm on that man and to do so is not only sick and cowardly, it exposes the contempt not only for Farrakhan but also for his message and those who support him and were changed for the better because of him.

So when his illness is mocked and possible death cheered, I can only see it as a personal insult to me and an insult to the millions that have heard him speak and support him and I am obviously one of them.

So say what you will, but hypocrisy is hypocrisy, and I don't mind calling a spade a spade, because I would rather die on truth than falsehood and injustice, and to call this man out like this especially at a time like this is wicked and evil, plain and simple.

So for those of you that wish the Minister goes to Hell, if that be Allah's will, then you will soon be there with him.




No comments: