Friday, December 30, 2005

My battle against Atheism

Don't get me wrong, I don't believe that any particular ideology holds the exclusive rights to all that is knowledgeable. I mean as a firm believer in a One Supreme God, Creator and Originator of all that is, I understand that such a massive being cannot be held in such minute "titles" that we give Him. Now as far as Atheism goes, I don't really have a problem with them, what works for you is for you, and what works for me is for me. The problem I do have with them is their so-called mental superiority that they claim to have over the believers. Sometimes, they are so good at it, that the believers stumble and fall at their suggestions. Atheism, as they believe is a system of logic and or reason, and religious ideology is not. Sometimes they are right in that assessment, because some of us are so weak spiritually, that we get so caught up in doctrines, titles, and rituals to the point we don't even know why we do them, and can't explain their purpose. If your one of those types of believers, I suggest you cease and desist, because your never going to win over the hearts and the minds of the people being a blind follower.

This is where atheists love to attack the most. They love those blind followers who can't explain their beliefs logically. Many that may read this blog know me as Abdur Salaam on the Russ Parr Message Board. I have been called Mujadeen (warrior of Islam) by many fellow Muslims because of the way I articulate and defend the faith. Of course, this comes with a price, because every chance people get, they "attack" me with questions and or ideas to try to "stump" me. This doesn't just come from my Christian brothers and sisters, well most of the time, but it does every now and then come from the Atheists. As believers in the God of Abraham, we must learn to deal and speak to all peoples if we are to truly be fishers of men. We can't allow ourselves to come off as fanatics or ignorant adherents to fairytales. As Solomon(PBUH) wrote in the book of Proverbs: "It is not good to have Zeal without knowledge, nor be hasty and miss the way"

No comments: